JAMES PERSE IS CURRENTLY HIRING A FULL TIME OPERATIONS MANAGER FOR THE WOODBURY LOCATION
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
By ensuring operational standards governing visual presentation, inventory management and control, and back of house organization are continuously met, the Operations Manager sets the stage for the sales team to maximize sales and deliver an exceptional customer experience. The Operations Manager – detail-oriented, results driven, with a high aptitude for logistics and process – serves as a model of operational excellence for the full store staff. The Operations Manager is also a versatile team player who can assist in the selling experience as needed, and, in the absence of the Store Manager, step in as the most senior presence in the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enable the sales team to deliver an exceptional client experience by:
- Ensuring all areas of the store are maintained to a luxury visual presentation. Partner with Corporate Operations as necessary to maintain the highest standards in the functioning, presentation, and maintenance of store property.
- Equipping the sales team with all tools necessary to conduct and close a seamless transaction (e.g., a clean and well-organized cash wrap, adequate stock of supplies).
- Drive sales floor replenishment and floor sets by ensuring goods are received accurately, are organized, and can be merchandised quickly to maximize sales potential and customer experience.
- Ensure completion of all operational responsibilities in accordance with the JP Standards Daily Task Schedules.
- Understand all Policy & Procedures, and ensure compliance by staff.
Execute back of house tasks:
- Execute opening and closing procedures.
- Manage packaging, office, and any other store supplies inventory, order processing, and accurate receiving.
- Ensure store meets safety standards.
- Report and follow through on all IT related Helpdesk tickets.
- Manage petty cash, register cash control, sales media, charge retrievals, and any other directives from the finance department.
- Process and manage staff wardrobe allotments.
- Ensure that all receiving, transfers, consolidations, pricing, and shipping are done in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and audit store receiving, returns, transfer, and inventory adjustment reporting and proper inventory paperwork completion.
- Partner with Corporate Operations to communicate and resolve any shipment, receiving, ASN issues etc. to the Distribution Center.
- Manage the proper execution of all charge sends, ensuring policy compliance and timeliness.
- Ensure that damaged and defective product is processed timely.
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of physical inventory counts and reconciliation as scheduled by Corporate Operations.
- Accountable for the store meeting the Company Shrink Goal by minimizing unit loss and inventory discrepancies that result in cost shortages.
- Ensure all inventory is tagged and priced accurately.
PEOPLE / TRAINING
- Continuously train and develop Operations staff (if any), guiding them to achieve operational standards, Policies & Procedures, new corporate operational initiatives.
- Clearly articulate the Company’s expectations regarding operational excellence to the full staff. Educate sales team on all operational matters for which they are accountable in their respective positions.
- Assist the Store Manager in the recruiting, hiring, and retaining Operations staff.
- Assist in new hire onboarding and partner with HR to effectuate a timely and compliant new hire process.
- Create store schedules, and process and manage timekeeping for the store staff in partnership with the Store Manager.
- Work in partnership with the Store Manager to develop stretch assignments to leverage and challenge staff keeping them fully engaged in the brand and business productivity.
LEADERSHIP / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Inspire and motivate the store team by consistently being a credible example of a brand and store ambassador, conducting him/herself with the highest level of work ethic and integrity in all aspects of the business.
- Provide sales floor leadership and support as needed by assisting unattended clients, supporting sales staff with product needs from stock, completing transactions at the POS to allow sales associates to tend to other clients.
- Partner with Store Manager to monitor and analyze business trends, communicating inventory level and assortment needs to Planning and Merchandising to ensure sell-through potential is maximized.
- In partnership with the Store Manager and Corporate Operations, identify and capitalize on opportunities to make store improvements that will lead to maximum operational efficiency while decreasing operating expenses.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Ability to articulate and exemplify brand vision
- Anticipate potential challenges or obstacles, and timely identify and implement solutions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to teach, inspire, and lead by example
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and effectively communicate in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Maintains good energy and positive attitude
- Adapts to change and receptive to feedback and suggestions
- Models teamwork to staff and treats staff with respect
- Communicates effectively and professionally
- Ability to understand and interpret business data
- Model good time and attendance practices
James Perse Enterprises, Inc. has successfully introduced its unique take on the Southern California lifestyle to the world. With visionary focus, Perse has expanded the company to include James Perse Standard, James Perse Los Angeles, James Perse Home and James Perse Malibu, each line defined by premium fabrics and Perse's signature designs. James Perse Enterprises, Inc. enters its second decade with the perfect basis for continued global expansion - absolute dedication to its swiftly growing, intensely loyal clientele. At James Perse Enterprises, Inc. we set superior standards for our products and our employees. We seek talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who would be assets to our brand. We are seeking responsible, committed, and highly energetic retail professionals with a developed sense of contemporary style and exceptional customer service.
James Perse offers a competitive compensation package. Full-time positions are eligible for Company sponsored benefits.