OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The James Perse Regional Manager ( West) leads and coaches a corps of Store Managers across multiple states, with the objective of maximizing store and individual performance and ensuring a client experience befitting of the brand. Reporting directly to the Regional are 10+ Store Managers, charged with meeting store sales goals and the daily oversight of staff, product, merchandising, client development, and the customer experience. The Regional must equip his/her management team with the training, support, and resources required to achieve business objectives in each of these areas of responsibility. With a multi-store vantage point, the Regional will ensure consistency of experience across shops and facilitate the creation, sharing, and adoption of best practices and process improvements for the Region and Company. Simultaneously, the Regional will remain connected to the trenches of the business by constantly serving as a teacher and model of effective selling, service, recruiting, and interpersonal skills. Our Company thrives on retaining talented and passionate employees. Therefore, the Regional Manager must set goals, measure and reward achievement, and create stretch assignments to keep the team motivated and challenged.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Analyze sales productivity, KPI, and business trends. Develop and execute appropriate strategies to increase sales and control expenses. Regularly communicate with managers about sales performance and metrics, and, as necessary, recommend adjustments necessary to achieve daily, weekly, monthly goals.
- Ensure that managers in the Region:
- understand short and long-term business objectives;
- can effectively create and leverage a client base and can teach store staff how to do the same;
- are fluent in product knowledge, key style initiatives, company history, and brand values;
- are actively training and developing associates;
- are equipped with the tools and resources necessary to run a successful operation.
- Demonstrate highly effective selling and client relations techniques, and provide real time feedback on selling and service culture.
- Provide recognition for exceptional sales and/or service performance.
CLIENT SERVICE AND EXPERIENCE
- Prepare teams to exceed Company standards for client service, selling processes, and client development efforts.
- Facilitate a consistent client experience across stores by auditing performance in the areas of, among other things, client outreach and service offerings, execution of visual directives from corporate, and adherence to wardrobe standards.
- Monitor client needs and expectations as well as service trends in the luxury space in order to develop and recommend improvements to the client experience.
PEOPLE EXPERIENCE, DEVELOPMENT, AND RETENTION
- Maintain a team of exceptional Store Manages by continuously networking, recruiting, and hiring talented and experienced individuals. Develop bench strength to ensure management positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Lead the training, coaching, and development of new and existing Store Managers to maximize performance in current roles and opportunities for advancement into other positions.
- In partnership with HR, execute performance management programs, such as annual performance reviews, ongoing development plans, and progressive counseling.
LEADERSHIP / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Inspire and motivate Store Managers by consistently serving as a credible example of a brand and store ambassador, conducting him/herself with the highest level of work ethic and integrity in all aspects of the business.
- Champion corporate business objectives, including Omni channel integration. Identify marketing opportunities to support sales. Lead Store Managers in the execution of approved events/incentives that will grow customer base and enhance client experience.
- Manage planned and unexpected projects that occur within the Region, including, but not limited to, corporate field visits, new product launches, shop installations, fixture drops, merchandising and visual directives, shifts in strategy, etc.
- Create positive work environments by building, directing, leading, and developing quality associates.
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to achieve business objectives in partnership with corporate.
REQUIRED SKILLS, COMPETIENCES, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
Skills / Competencies:
- Maintains the professional presence, maturity, and tact necessary to earn respect and influence teams and outcomes
- Proven ability to meet/exceed sales goals
- Ability to teach, inspire, and lead by example
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and effectively communicate in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Anticipates potential challenges or obstacles, and timely identifies and implements solutions
- Communicates effectively and professionally
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to articulate and exemplify brand vision
- Maintains good energy and positive attitude
- Ability to understand and interpret business data
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consistent with needs of the business; will require work on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Ability to travel (overnight stays will be required).
- Minimum 5 years multi-unit retail management experience in apparel. Luxury experience preferred.
- BA degree preferred but not required.
James Perse Enterprises, Inc. has successfully introduced its unique take on the Southern California lifestyle to the world. With visionary focus, Perse has expanded the company to include James Perse Standard, James Perse Los Angeles, James Perse Home and James Perse Malibu, each line defined by premium fabrics and Perse's signature designs. James Perse Enterprises, Inc. enters its second decade with the perfect basis for continued global expansion - absolute dedication to its swiftly growing, intensely loyal clientele. At James Perse Enterprises, Inc. we set superior standards for our products and our employees. We seek talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who would be assets to our brand. We are seeking responsible, committed, and highly energetic retail professionals with a developed sense of contemporary style and exceptional customer service.
James Perse offers a competitive compensation package. Full-time positions are eligible for Company sponsored benefits.