OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
James Perse is seeking a Wholesale Planner who can develop, execute, and communicate allocation plans, financial assortments, and strategies that support the financial objectives of the Wholesale division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Inventory Management and Planning
- Develops and manages the annual and seasonal Open to Buy Plans for each major account while working directly with Senior Director of Planning and Head of Wholesale Sales to analyze target sales, margin markdowns/ups, receipts, and inventory levels in unit and dollars, as well as with accounting to validate and ensure accuracy.
- Monitors expenditures (e.g., RA’s, advertising requests, markdown assistance requests), if any, to ensure compliance with approved budget guidelines.
- Reviews buy activity and follows-up to ensure PFD, Chase, Replenishment (QR), Immediates and Excess & Obsolete opportunities are maximized.
- Meets with production team weekly to review production tracking, re-orders, chase business and address any issues with calendars.
- Provides data to the Sales team to achieve seasonal and annual sales, profit, and inventory management objectives for assigned accounts.
- Creates and identifies business opportunities by reviewing and analyzing sales forecasts and merchandise plans.
- Manages business weekly. Analyzes stores to plan and LY as well as actual sales at the store and style level. Forecasts in season performance on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis. Provides action plans to ensure financial plans/forecasts are achieved. Researches and reports on any variances. Ensures reporting ties to higher level reports generated by Accounting. Distributes appropriate reporting to business leaders weekly to ensure transparency of information.
- Rolls up projections every season to see where we are landing vs last year and budget.
- Helps identify old merchandise by style/color and partners with Sales to help develop liquidation solutions.
- Ownership of SKU level demand plan for Company Quick Response program
- Responsible for weekly recaps & ad hoc reporting which call out risks and opportunities as it relates to achieving sales & margin plans
Shipping / Allocation
- Prepares, in cooperation with Product Development and Production, wholesale planning and projections.
- Works with Sales, Product Development and Production, Merchandising, and Planning to build the Wholesale Seasonal Assortment Plan.
- Researches and analyzes historical data, store reports, and feedback to produce projections and forecasts for product to support and validate assumptions / decisions made.
- Works with Merchandising and Sales to drive and complete fabric and sku projection process. Calls out any margin or costing issues that arise through this process to prevent financial liabilities.
- Contributes to the pre, post and in-season planning schedule.
- Work with credit and distribution departments to manage order shipments and any carryovers. Works closely with warehouse and logistics to make sure all products are received and shipped within the cancel date.
- Participates in internal team meetings (sales management meetings and production meetings) to communicate sales, receipt, return and inventory information and concerns on a weekly/monthly basis to appropriate business partners. Works with internal teams to maximize sales and minimize inventory.
- Key point of contact for customer planning departments, managing information flow and updating forecasts and production pipeline as necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
Skills / Competencies
- Extremely organized, with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with forecasting software and ERP systems
- A high analytical aptitude
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Able to learn new systems quickly, and take on reporting, recapping, and evaluating business through use of systems.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and react to changing priorities in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Anticipates potential challenges or obstacles, and timely identifies and implements solutions
- Communicates effectively and professionally
- 6+ years’ experience in planning, at least 3 in a wholesale capacity
James Perse Enterprises, Inc. has successfully introduced its unique take on the Southern California lifestyle to the world. With visionary focus, Perse has expanded the company to include James Perse Standard, James Perse Los Angeles, James Perse Home and James Perse Malibu, each line defined by premium fabrics and Perse's signature designs. James Perse Enterprises, Inc. enters its second decade with the perfect basis for continued global expansion - absolute dedication to its swiftly growing, intensely loyal clientele. At James Perse Enterprises, Inc. we set superior standards for our products and our employees. We seek talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who would be assets to our brand. We are seeking responsible, committed, and highly energetic retail professionals with a developed sense of contemporary style and exceptional customer service.
James Perse offers a competitive compensation package. Full-time positions are eligible for Company sponsored benefits.